Alpine Shire Council declared a Climate Emergency in 2021, recognising the vulnerability of the region’s natural and built environment, economic prosperity and health of the community to climate change.
Alpine Shire Council, VIC
Alpine Shire, VIC
Engagement with internal and external stakeholders, together with community engagement events and workshops, explored local perspectives on climate change and gained insights into priority opportunity areas for future action.
Currently in development, the Community Climate Action Roadmap will provide direction and context for the future development of a detailed action plan.
- Review of strategic documents, local demographic information and action plans from other municipalities
- Summary of community emissions and locally relevant climate impacts
- Engagement with community, staff and councillors
- Analysis of opportunities and development of roadmap
- Development of a Community Climate Action Roadmap as a starting point for a more detailed action plan