Hacer Group, an end-to-end design and construct service, won the 2020 Master Builders Victoria Excellence in Construction Awards in the Best Sustainable Project category for Burwood Brickworks Shopping Centre.
Building on this success, Hacer commissioned HIP V. HYPE to lead the creation of a Sustainability Framework and Action Plan to embed sustainability in the way they work.
Courtesy of Hacer Group
Through this process, we:
- Facilitated a discussion about sustainability drivers and pathways with the Green Team and senior leadership
- Led a staff workshop to refine sustainability goals and develop associated actions across three areas — operations, organisational culture and projects
- Wrote a practical Sustainability Framework and Action Plan, including detailed implementation guidance
- Helped the business understand the risks and opportunities of climate change and sustainability
- Synthesised the market drivers, sector insights and internal knowledge to prioritise and set a clear plan
- Helped Hacer to communicate their sustainability work internally and externally